Milton Bradley's Hot Shot Basketball

Posted: Friday, June 4, 2010 by Colin in Labels:
0

HELL YES!!! Electronic Hot Shot Basketball. I've been checking eBay a couple of times a week for the last 6 months waiting for this game to appear and it finally did. Two of them in fact. I opted to go with the cheaper of the two, because...um...it's cheaper. This game ran me about 40 dollars but I could have got one with the box for an extra 10 dollars but money's tight like a dolphin's butt these days so it is what it is. For those of you that don't know what Hot Shot basketball is, it was an electronic basketball game made by Milton Bradley in the early 90s maybe even as early as 1990.

The game like I said before is electronic and like all early 90s electronic toys it takes 4 C batteries that last like 5 seconds after you turn the game on. There is no plug for this game and there really should be because it's not like you're gonna take this baby for play in long trips in the car. That's what the travel version is for, but that's a different story all together. So anyway here's a picture of the actually game I received completely assembled.

This thing was a real buttknocker to get together. It took me a good 10 hours to figure out where this one blue piece went but I got it. It looks beautiful, doesn't it? It's pretty self explanatory how to play. As you you can see you have a blue catapult with a spring under it in the front that launches your "balls", a nice plastic basketball hoop with a blue backboard, a gorgeous orange plastic net to keep things from getting out of hand, and 3 mini basketballs. The goal of this game is much like the game of hockey, and that goal is to get the ball into the hoop. The game has 2 modes that I can't tell the differences between and a lever in the hoop that registers when you score a basket. This game even has built in computer that keeps your score! Did I mention the backboard moves back and forth? Because it does.

It was a real blast from the past playing this game. I got this game back in the day for Christmas when I was five but as the years went on, I slowly took it apart to try to build forts for my ninja turtles and my game disappeared into the abyss. So it was a happy day when I awoke to the sound of my mailman talking loudly on his bluetooth stuffing the box containing the game into my front door and speeding off in his mail van. NOTE: My mailman hates me because I order so much shit online that when he delivers my mail he has to take the whole mail van to my house to deliver my mail.

I would write more but I have to get back to my game, I'm really in the "zone" right now

Check out the commercial!












                                                                       

0 comments:

Search Our Crap