Comic Book Stockpile!!!

Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 by Admiral Snuggles in Labels: ,
0

Like I mentioned before mycomicshop.com is the place to go if you're into comic books. I recently made a purchase of several comics that I was behind on. What's weird about me is that I usually don't by classic comic books based on "classic comic book characters" like Batman, Spider-man, Superman, X-Men or any comic in the compound man or men variety. I mean I like all those characters but I go for the more "Holy Shit!, they made a comic out of that" variety, like "Die Hard: Year One"

Yeah, they finally came out with a comic book based on Die Hard. These are some variant covers I didn't have and some of the last issues. I haven't read past the volume one graphic novel, so I might have to read these to find out how John McClane handled his first year as a cop. Hopefully these issues will make up for the severe lack of Ellis the other issues had.


Terminator 2029 tells the story of how John Conner sent Kyle Reese back in time to protect and have sex with his mom. These were always sold out when I checked the comic stores, so I was finally able to get this 3 issue set. They're pretty good, so if your into Terminator, comics, or a man traveling through time to have sex with your mom I'd say check it out. And best of all they don't have variant covers. I'm a real sucker for variant covers.

The new Robocop comic series from Dynamite takes place right after the events of the 1st Robocop, it might even completely ignore the events of the other movies. So I'm not sure if Robocop ever flew with that jet pack or fought those robot karate dudes. This series tries to keeps the dark humor and violence of the 1st movie and so far it's pretty good. These are a bunch of variant covers. Damn variant covers.

And finally...

I'll buy any movie tie-in product. It's a disease. I can't wait for the new "Predators" movies, so I bought these prequel comics. They aren't that great. They're short and shallowly written. Each issue contains 2 seperate stories, a back story for each Adrien Brody and Laurence Fishburne's characters. I hope the movie is better than this. There's also a severe lack of Dutch and Danny Glover. Oh, it is pretty bloody...so that has to count for something.

0 comments:

Search Our Crap